Saturday, August 25, 2012

cheap cherry pitter....

My family loves fresh cherries. In the past, I use to just cut the cherry in half and dig the pit out. It would be easy if you have a pitter but I don't , so........ I was on a blog the other day and found a very easy and cheap way to get the pit out of a cherry. Can you guess what I an using?



A STRAW! Yep, that's what I said, a STRAW. Can you believe it!

Here is how to do it:

Remove the stem of a cherry.


Take your straw and put it where you removed the stem.




Twist your straw and push it through to the bottom and BAM! Pit is out! It's that easy!




I tried just regular, store bought straws and they worked but are a little flimsy. I purchased some heavy duty plastic cups with straws and they work great. The more sturdy the straw, the easier it is too push the pit through the cherry.

Just a little something I learned from someone else that I thought I would share.

God Bless!

Frugal Family 2013

Linked up to: http://www.benandme.com/2013/01/frugal-family-pot-roast-three-meals.html

2 comments:

  1. thanks for linking up! pinning and sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly what I do to get the pit out of a cherry. It works like a charm! :-)

    I found your blog through the Frugal Family 2013 hop. Have a great weekend!

    Kelly
    Our Everyday Harvest

    ReplyDelete