Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Couple of recipes

Here are two yummy recipes! I have no pictures because my computer and photos will not cooperate!

The first one is one of my favorites during the summer. I always make this one when my tomatoes start coming in and ripening on the vine.

The second one is also a summer recipe. It calls for yellow summer squash.


Try these, I promise you will not be disappointed!






Tomato-Leek Pie

1 pie crust
2 red tomatoes
2 yellow tomatoes
1 green tomatoes
1 leek
2 tablespoons of butter
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mayonaise
1 egg
Salt and Pepper

Bake pie crust at 450° until golden brown. Slice tomatoes, place on paper towels, sprinkle with salt and let sit for 20 minutes. Slice the leek and saute in butter. Layer leek on bottom of crust. Top with tomatoes. Mix mayo, egg, cheese, salt and pepper. Spread on top and bake at 375° for 30 minutes.




Yellow Squash Pie

1 cup evaporated milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup honey or 3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups cooked squash
1 unbaked pie crust

Cube and cook squash. Cool. In blender, blend milk, eggs, cinnamon and honey. Add the cooked squash and blend together in blender about 2-3 minutes. Pour into unbaked pie crust and bake on 400° for 10 minutes, then 350° for 35-40 minutes or until set. Set.







1 comment:

  1. Did you grow the leeks in your garden, too? I haven't ever tried yellow squash sweet, but I like baked acorn squash with brown sugar.

    ReplyDelete